Thursday, January 22, 2009

Taking care of old business

I didn't post anything in December because I was si-i-i-i-i-i-ck. I had some un-named virus that knocked my socks off. I missed many days of work and I sounded so bad that my boss actually came to my house to make sure I wasn't on death's door step. I went to the doctor 3 times and each time they said that it was a virus and that they couldn't do anything about it other than to treat the symptoms. So I spent a huge amount of December laying on my couch. I was sick for Christmas and I was sick at New Years. While everyone else was toasting in the New Year with champagne I was toasting with Delsym. Mazeltov!

Anyway...I have a few things that I wanted to write about really quickly.

#1. I read a very funny blog that is written by Craig M. (http://puntabulous.com)
A while back he asked his readers to draw a self portrait using a template that he had created. (If you would like to see the pictures go here: http://puntabulous.com/2008/11/21/puntabulous-people-on-parade) (if you visit...let him know I sent you!) Anyway...after I had so much fun with the template I sent it to my family and asked them to make me a Christmas card. I was going to make that my Christmas post but then I was too sick to write anything on Christmas so that went down the tubes. However I wanted to share my Christmas card with you:



In case you can't tell...this is a rendering of Ashleigh flying in to the Christmas tree. I haven't had a tree since she was a kitten, but this is a pretty good explanation as to why I don't have them anymore.

#2. Several posts ago I wrote about the debacle that was my first and last product review. When I wrote the review I wasn't able to post pictures to my page. So without further ado...here's a picture of the faboo Pinhole Glasses:





#3. One of my ongoing series in this blog is a little ditty I like to call "Free Paint". I am always in awe of houses that I see that are painted odd colors. When I see them I can only think of one reason why anyone would paint their house this color...and that would be...Free Paint! This house, as most of the houses in this series, is in the neighborhood where I grew up. Salutations from La Puente, Ca...



#4. On my to work I saw this license plate. I know what they were trying to say but I think they missed the mark:




I'm sorry but I see "Sweat Pee". Am I the only one?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pinhole glasses huh...more like Dillhole glasses! You wore those outside.? OMG! If I had seen you I would have taken a picture of you and put it in my random retard on the street file. Sorry, I love you but it's true. You would be right next to the Ass Burger Princess and the Blockbuster kid!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

I wore them in the car. I am certain that no one saw me. I am stealth like that!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

OMG I love when Amanda busts out the Ass Burger Princess (only because I KNOW her! And it is SO perfect) So, who is the blockbuster kid?

That is the funniest comment on your blog. Go Amanda.

It was decided by a three and a half year old who shall remain nameless in the back of my car this morning that we should paint our house pink. I'll call you to come and take pictures.

5:38 PM  
Blogger MinaG said...

Those glasses just crack me up! And your free paint series is classic.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy,
The Blockbuster Kid is a young man I spotted wearing blue and white tube socks with Jesus sandals, pleated front kaki shorts with a belt, pulled up over his belly (said young man was just slightly smaller then the Ass Burger Princess), his striped t-shirt two sizes two small tucked into said short standing in Blockbuster with his hips pushed forward and slouching; looking at the kids DVD's and licking the palm of his hand after each DVD he touched. I watched this kid for ten minutes as he continued to lick his hand over and over and decided right there and then never to leave my house without my hand sanitizer!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Jason, as himself said...

I read Puntabulous, too.

And your touched up list of celbrity sightings? As if your first list wasn't enough?

Wow. You get around!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

OMG she did it again with the ABP
So what in the world are Jesus sandals?
Y'all make me laugh out loud.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home