Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Rainbow Bridge



One day everyone is fat, happy and healthy and the next day a kitten dies. Yesterday I when I came home from work Andrew told me that one of the grey babies had died. The previous night it was obvious that there was something wrong with it. It was very lethargic and didn't want to attempt to eat or cuddle with it's siblings. And then now today the other grey baby is no longer using it's hind legs. Ashleigh is still taking care of all of the babies but for some reason the white babies are all thriving and the grey ones are not. I have done everything I can think of to aid the remaining grey child. I went to Pet Smart and bought kitten milk replacement. The baby had no interest in it at all, however Lorenzo and Ashleigh both went nutty coo coo as soon as they smelled it. Lorenzo chewed on the nipple of the bottle and then Ashleigh tore it clean off. The grey baby is still nursing but Ashleigh has better things to do than sit still and feed her family. The white babies are so much bigger and stronger and they just kick the little one to the curb. I took the white ones away from Ashleigh for a few minutes so the little one could get a bit of a head start and just when things were looking good Ashleigh decided that she needed to get up and roam around the room.

So, if you find yourself with a spare moment please say a prayer that the baby who passed away yesterday has found it's way to Jennifer and Muffin, and also pray that the remaining grey baby will get some strength and fight the good fight until it can utilize it's hind legs.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So very sad....I'm sorry for you as I know how much your fur children mean to you....

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home