Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend part 2

Saturday I had breakfast in Laguna with cousins Billie & Bruce and then I headed off to Riverside with about 1 million of my closest friends. It took me 2 hours to get there. If I didn't have visions of my Jake and Paul sitting at the door step waiting for me with baited breath I would have turned around and went home.

When I got there Paul was dressed and ready to go. No matter that his shirt was buttoned cockeyed and I suspect he slept in his pants...he was ready to go! Jake was running around in his underwear and boy was he proud of said underwear. They were blue jockey shorts, "jus' like Pauls!"

I got Paul's shirt buttoned properly, got Jake dressed and we headed off to the mall for the fun filled day of playing dress up and getting turned down for everything you ask for. It slays me that they like this game. Most boys don't like to play dress up but apparently I've taught them well. So with out any further ado...here is Paul in the outfit he picked out:


This is the happiest picture I've seen of Paul in a long time. He struck a careless pose and wasn't able to think about giving me a camera smile. He looked so handsome in this shirt that I would have loved to have bought it for him but alas...I don't spend $50.00 on shirts for myself...thus I am not spending $50.00 on a shirt for him when I know he'd be just as happy with a Slurpy.

Jake was a total weenie during Paul's fashion show. Of course Paul didn't want Jake or me in his "hotel", (dressing room), so there was a lot of loud talking through the door. I have not been able to explain to Paul that stores do not like for people to photograph their merchandise prior to purchase. I don't know how many times I had to try to shush Paul when he was saying in his booming voice, "HEY AUNTIE, COME IN HERE AND TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE OF ME!" I guess I should be happy that he never said, "Hey Auntie, come in here and take a picture of me in my underwear!"

After Paul's fashion show we moved on to the little boys section. I wrangled both of them in to the dressing room. I was weary of letting everyone in the store know what we were doing thanks to Foghorn Leghorn, uh, er, Paul's booming voice. Did I say Paul? I should have said "Trigger". For some reason Paul had morphed in to a neighing horse and was galloping around the dressing room. For anyone who doesn't know Paul personally...he is 6 feet tall and weighs 200 pounds. Nothing like having a handicapped Clydesdale in the dressing room with you. Jake thought this was great fun and I almost aborted our dress up game, but after seeing this next picture you will be glad that I didn't. Ladies and gents, (like I have even one "gent" reading this blog...) I present to you the cutest 3 year old in the entire creation of all man kind:

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best pictures of both the boys!! They are too cute! Your story has once again tickled my funny bone.....I can just hear Mr. Paul requesting his picture being taken and you trying to get him to keep his voice down. I bet Hannah is wishing she was with Auntie instead of Nana....our week end wasn't quite as adventurous...however, she might have liked the rest.

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how totally cute (handsome) is little, or should I say, grown up, Jake! Too bad the price tag is visable. It would have been perfect for framing (it still is!) Ok, you can continue "dress up" with the guys...

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way 2 cute

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! He looks like a nephew!
Signed,
Mommy of clydesdale and GQ boy

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some cute cousins :)

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home