Monday, May 14, 2007

Eureka! I've found it!

(Cue touching back ground music)
I saw it for the first time over 20 years ago and it was so precious that it made me cry. You've seen one, you seen them all, right? NOT. EVEN. This one was special. It was the first one for my entire family. The first time we saw it we were hooked and we wanted more. We asked for more, we demanded more, we pleaded for more. I saw it on many occasions way back in the 80's and I just took for granted that I would be able to see it when ever I wanted, unfortunately the more I asked to see it, the less of it I got to see. (cue music from spaghetti westen movies...that one little jingle you hear when there's going to be a gun fight but you can't see anyone and there is a tumble weed rolling around in the back ground..) It would make an occasional appearance if allowed to emerge on it's own terms. If you acknowledged it ....it would scamper off and disappear for months at a time. You had to just be around at exactly the right time and then you had to be very cool around it or it would vanish in an instant. If you would bring out a camera then it was certain to retreat but somehow I got lucky this time. I caught it off guard and lo and behold here it is in living color for all of the world to see. Ladies and Gentlemen of my blog, I am proud as I can possibly be to present to you an actual, un-retouched, photograh of something so rare that there are people around who have never seen it....ANDREW PENDELL'S SMILE! (cue fireworks and the piccolo solo from Stars and Stripes Forever...)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first started to read, I thought you had lost your mind for sure! But then it all made sense...yes! it's been a long time since we've seen that smile. I love it.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Boo Boo smile!
I'm so glad you were able to capture it on disc!

11:28 PM  
Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

I just read your comments on Mama Drama. Thank you for saying that. I found a "spot" that turned out to be 2 cysts that, if they don't shrink, will be aspirated in 3 months. I too learned about all the places you are to check for breast exams - not just the breast area itself.

Thank you for sharing your story.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel the love!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home