Monday, May 21, 2007

I've been tagged!!!

This is the most exciting thing that has happened to me in weeks! I've actually been tagged to participate in a meme by one of my internet friends! "Big fat hairy deal!", you say? Well, yes it is. I have been a blog stalker for a little over a year. I leave comments on my favorite blogs and while I want to feel like I'm participating in a conversation...my comments pretty much get lost in the crowd. Like I'm talking to a wall. Then I found Staci at http://www.verypink.com/. She is very funny, she is fun, she writes me back every time I leave a comment and she doesn't hold it against me that I want to see a dog picture in every one of her entries. She and her significant other, Chris, have 4 basengis and I've come to be very fond of Gus, Ike, Lou and Abe. Staci is also an amazing knitter and she (almost) inspires me to want to learn how to read a pattern.She is my very first internet/blog friend and I'm very happy to participate in the meme. Anyone who is reading my post...please drop by verypink and start reading about Staci and her boys. Let her know I sent you.

So without any further fanfare I will participate in my first official tag.

The Rules: Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

1. I just got a haircut and I think I now bare a sad resemblance to Little Lord Fauntleroy.

2. I tivo "That 70's Show".

3. I love to hear my 3 years old nephew refer to swim wear as a "bathing soup", so I prod him to do it over and over until he gets irritated with me and walks way.

4. I love kitty feet:


5. One of these days I hope to be able to fill my house with house plants. And I don't mean just a couple of hanging ferns...I want my house to be like a rain forest with trees and palms and flowers.

6. This guy makes my heart pound:

(Steven Tyler, lead singer of Aerosmith. I took this picture a couple of years ago and I can't find the bigger version. Sorry!)


7. I will make an 80 mile round trip for ice cream if this is what is waiting for me when I get there.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger CC said...

Haha! I got tagged with you on Staci's blog and I feel the exact same way you do about her. She is my one blog friend and she does a great job of keeping the conversation going. I love the kitty feet shot!

-Cassie

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Who is the guy that makes your heart pound? I can't tell...

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your first official tag! Just a couple questions though... what is a " meme" and could you have found a worse picture of me?
I hope this gets you tons more traffic, the world will be a better place when they hear the wisdom of my best friend!
Sister

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS... when I saw the title of this post, I instantly thought your home or car had been the victim of graffitti!
Sister

3:52 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Sister,
You can take the girl out of La Puente but you can't take the La Puente out of the girl.

And I really had to search before I could find the worst picture of you ever taken.

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading Auties comment regarding her picture: can I just say that I'm very happy there have been no pictures of me posted. Lets keep it that way! I like my visual enigma. I want to encourage your readers to view me as a 5'11 125lb blonde with perfect skin...who never gets the Sir Mix alot Big Butt song sung to her.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Amanda,
The only reason I have never written about you or posted your picture is because I was afraid of making you mad, but if not posting a picture of you keeps the enigma going then apparently I've made you happy.
I rock.
Love,
Mommy

1:15 PM  
Blogger CC said...

Thanks for visiting! I just wanted to let you know that the OTHER thing we do when we're on Oahu (besides go to McDonald's) is make daily beach runs to Waimea Bay (jump off the rock) and get Matsumoto's Shave Ice. I almost posted a pic of Matsumoto's, but I didn't think other readers would be fans as well :) Thank you for your kind comments about my knitting. I picked it up pretty quickly and have been running ever since. I still have much to learn before I reach Staci's level. I think I need projects at once! Please come back and visit and I'll do the same ...

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've found some computer friends that are very much like you! How fun! I would like them all to know that between you and your sister (twin) there has been many hysterical moments. You are each others best audience and keep your mother totally entertained. Every mother should be so lucky as to have two such great freinds in their own daughters.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home