Thursday, May 10, 2007

I am SOOO easily amused...

As long as I can remember I have always been intrigued and amused when I see houses painted odd colors. I always wonder if that color was chosen on purpose or if it didn't turn out quite the way it looked on the paint chip or if it looked good when it was wet and took a turn for the worse when it dried. While those are all viable explanations I have come up with what has to be the only logical reason as to why people paint their houses odd colors: Free paint.




The chocolate brown beauty is my mother's across the street neighbor. Odelay! Viva Puente!

This is just the first in the series as I intend to continue to take pictures of houses that are painted in colors one would usually only find in a crayola box. If this series doesn't amuse you as much as the Lorenzo & Ashleigh entries...maybe I can try to get them to pose in front of the houses next time I take a drive by picture.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remind me to take you to the purple beauty we have here in Riverside!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

I would love to see your purple beauty. I will take a picture of it and then I will knock on the door and ask if Prince lives there.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is also a couple charming houses on barranca that are photo worthy. One is mint green with pink shutters and the other is royal blue with burgundy shutters. Snazzy!

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a house today that was lavendar with purple shutters. My kind of house. If I had a house I'd paint it violet, or orchid, or purple, or lavendar, or amethyst, or heather, or plum, or lilac, or magenta, or even puce. Well, maybe not puce. Puce doesn't sound pretty.

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home