Thursday, December 04, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving


Last Wednesday the International Man of Mystery took me and my mom and Tori and Bek out for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner at "Duane's" in the Old Mission Inn in Riverside. We had a fabulous dinner and Bek ordered her very first filet mignon. (I found out later that she didn't think she was going to like having a hunk of meat for dinner and she had planned on bringing it home in a doggy bag to give to her brother....however after she took the first bite she changed her plans and managed to eat the entire thing all by herself.)





It took me 3 hours to get from the city of Orange to the city of Riverside so I really appreciated the bottle of Caymus we had with dinner. I even got my mom to try some and she had to admit that it was pretty tasty. The food was wonderful and the company was engaging but my favorite thing about the evening was beautiful Christmas decorations that were EVERYWHERE.


There was a Christmas Tree that was so tall I couldn't get the entire thing in a single picture.




It was decorated with faeries, birds, sprigs of holly, ribbons and golden pine cones.







The lobby of the Hotel was festooned with poinsettias and twinkle lights


and the fire place mantle was dripping with sparkles.






There were red reindeer in the hallway...






and musical mouses outside on the balcony.




It's such a shame that I don't look like my mom...



You just can't take me anywhere~





If you find yourself in the greater Riverside area for the next 3 weeks or so I would highly suggest that you stop by and take a peek at this historical building. Even when it's not decorated for Christmas it is an amazing piece of art.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Hair Envy said...

"It's such a shame that I don't look like my mom".....Bwahahahaha! Looks like you gals had a great time! Spoiled much?? Heehee!

That Bek sure is a looker. What does she do to keep the boys at bay?

8:24 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Beautiful - haven't been out there in a long time.
Great picture of all of you on the staircase and your coat is fab.

What did you have to eat? (I'm so nosy!)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

I had a lovely pasta/veggie meal that was ordered out of the clear blue sky. I told our waiter, 'Bogart', that I didn't eat meat and he said he'd have the chef whip something up for me.

Thanks for the compliment on my coat...I just got it a couple of weeks ago at the JC Penney outlet in the Ontario Mills Mall. Not bad for $19.00, huh? And...it's reversable. The inside is solid black brocade and it is every bit as pretty as the colorful side.

"Spoiled much?" Yep. I'm very spoiled and that's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it, uh huh!

Bek has boys falling out of trees over her however her heart belongs to one goof. Please read my post; "The One About Miss Nator"...that's all about Bek.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home