Monday, October 27, 2008

Get your Pulitzer applications shined up and ready to go!

As I think most of you know I was diagnosed with cancer, twice, way back in 1993. I wrote a book while I was sick and this is the result. I wrote it on an ooooolllddd computer that didn't have spell check or any of the other tools that are conducive to writing something that you want the world to read so please disregard the spelling, punctuation, grammatical and formatting errors. I just don't have it in me to retype the whole thing because I know if I do then I will change things in it and I want it to remain just the way I wrote it when I was living it. The ending just kind of fades away and maybe one of these days I'll go back and add some more details and close it up neat and tidy like, but for now...this is all there is.

I was so polite when I wrote a lot of this book. There was so much more going on in my life that I didn't include, such as being married to an alcoholic/rage-aholic/drug addicted compulsive liar. That would take up several volumes of it's own. (And when I'm ready to live through all of that again I will write that book, too.) I think I portrayed my first husband in a very complimentary light and for now I'm just going to leave it that way.

This book is me...showing you my soul. I know I have a few more readers than I do commenter's and I'm going to ask everyone, very politely, to please respond to me after you've read my book. If you can't figure out how to comment on the blog then write to me directly at clydejackson@yahoo.com.....otherwise I've done all of this for no apparent reason.


If you can't open the book in this format then I'm going to have to do some investigating and find out how to post it a different way but for now, here it is, warts and all.

http://sites.google.com/site/theboobsinmylife/

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I am SO excited about this! I just printed out the entire book, and will devour it tonight:)

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Auntie,

I read the book last night. I couldn't put it down. I loved it. I laughed, I cried and I winced in pain quite a few times. I literally had tears rolling down my face when they gave you the salad after the last surgery, it just struck me as super funny.

I check this site everyday to see if you have updated it. sucks big time when its weeks between antics :(

Love reading your stuff

Katie

4:58 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I.am.so.excited.

You would do ANYTHING to keep me from ironing, won't you!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Big Hair Envy said...

I have read the book, but I am going to read it again before I tell you how much it moved me.

What katiej said...times 10!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami,
Your writing makes me feel like I was there with you!
Thanks for sharing so deeply, such a raw piece of your sole.
I love the post about your nieces birth, that made me laugh and cry, and I love reading about " Dave".
Long time reader, first time commenter...
PS..What, no more free paint?

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've ment to comment on your book at least four time but I get side tracked everytime I long on. So, here goes.....In short you're pretty much my hero. I just want everyone to know that all the while; battling cancer (spoiler) not once but twice; Tami got up every day and took me to school, cheer practice, the library, attended swim meets, school clothes shopping and still had time to listen to a broken child and make her feel loved and be the best mom I've ever had!

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tami, so far i have read to part 3. i have to sneak in it when the kids are napping. i love hearing your story. you also put it up at the perfect time, i will be thinking about all that you and every other women that have had breast cancer had to go through. as i walk during the 3day.
i'm taking that picture that you sent me of you and tori on my journey. i will be walking for you, tori, aunt eileen, pete's grandmother and everyone else. hopefully one day soon there will be a cure.
thank you.
love cousin

7:53 PM  
Blogger Big Hair Envy said...

I just read Amanda's comment.......It says it all. You are an amazing woman!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

I'm on twitter...but I never post. You will have to just keep reading my blog....and let me know who you are.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home