Thursday, November 06, 2008

Book Review

I would like to thank the people who took the time to comment on my book. I would also like to apologize for taking so long to publish your comments. Usually when I have a comment waiting on my blog...BlogSpot will email me and tell me that I have a comment that needs to be reviewed, but for what ever reason...it has stopped doing that. So as I've sat having my pitty party thinking that no one was impressed at all with my book...I was just told by my sister that she knows that there are comments waiting for me to publish. I thought she had lost her mind but I came here and checked anyway and lo and behold....comments. That need to be published.

Thank you for your kind words. As I acknowledged earlier I know that the book was very disorganized and it just kind of stops with now warning. When my sister gave me her copy of the book I didn't even look at it. I just scanned it and posted it. Then my mom informed me that it was missing page 13 and page 14 is in there twice... and the ending just came out of no where. I have no idea what happened to page 13, nor do I know why page 14 was so popular....but as far as the ending is concerned.....I wrote several drafts of this book and I thought my sister had the most current copy but apparently she didn't. I've gotten another version from my mom but I hesitate to post it because I don't think anyone is going to want to read the same book twice even though the 2nd edition is a tad more complete than the first version.

My goal in the next year will be to pick up where the book left off and write about my 2nd bout with cancer, my subsequent two divorces and the various and asundried other "Boobs In My Life".

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami, I've enjoyed your blog so much, when I get a chance I will read your book and I know I'll enjoy it!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Big Hair Envy said...

Tanu, I will read every version of your book that you are willing to post. Your story is captivating, and it makes me realize that the petty things in life just don't even matter. Thanks for putting it out there....I hope others will make the time to read it, and use it as a catalyst for change in their lives. You are a blessing to me.

Have you contacted that publisher yet??? I'll be your proof-reader.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Barry Clayton said...

I have just finished the first section of your book. Your story is filled with pain but also joy and hope. What is inspiring is that through all your ordeals you always seem to maintain your sense of humor, even in the darkest moments of life.

As I mentioned, I was going through my own cancer scare at the time. My interactions with various medical people was mostly positive. I only was concerned that they were so casual and slow in initiating any actions.

I know you wrote this years ago and I am late in arriving but the story remains true no matter when someone reads it. Looking forward to the next parts.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Barry, thank you for taking the time to read my book. And thank you very much for commenting. It is so disheartening to write for an empty room.
I am thankful that your brush with the cancer monster turned out to be a false alarm. I really hate welcoming friends in to my exclusive cancer survivor club.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home