Friday, November 14, 2008

Catching up (the brief version)

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted but I was afflicted with a killer sinus infection. Thought it was allergies from all of the wind we've been having here in so Cal. Then when it didn't go away I figured I had caught a cold. But then when my teeth started to hurt and my face felt like it had been filled up with sand I figured a sinus infection was on it's way. Sometimes I can just live through sinus infections if I have enough Flo-nase and kleenex. This wasn't the case this time and I got really sick. Fevers and aches and pains and the whole 9 yards. After being harrassed and harangued almost hourly by my sister I finally dragged my fanny to urgent care. (note to anyone who's listening: when picking an urgent care facility during insurance open enrollment time...pick one close to your home, not your work. Having your doc close to your work is convenient for appointments made when you are not in the throes of death but when you are siiiick the last thing you want to do is have to drive on highways and bi-ways to get yourself medical care.)

In addition to the huge antibiotic pills I was instructed to take twice a day for 10 days the doc gave me a Netti Pot. Pouring water in my nose is really not something I'd ever find myself doing but since I enjoy the occasional in take of oxygen...I tried it. I'm happy to report that it really wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Since you are supposed to have your head tilted to the side the water doesnt' go down your throat and drown you...it just comes right out of the other nostril. After you have doused both nostrils you simply need to blow your nose for the next 10 hours and relief is upon you. (note to self: lock cats out of the bathroom the next time you attempt to use netti pot so that Lorenzo doesn't wind up with saline solution in his eyes.)

I was just starting to feel a tad better when I was stricken with a stomach bug. I've consumed enough Pepto-Bismal to choke a horse and have since switched to pure aloe vera juice. The aloe vera juice tastes like crushed up aspirin which is really disgusting but I've found that it goes down easier than Pepto and it seems to work better, too.

In all I've been under the weather for about 3 weeks and I've had enough of being sick and tired. I have many emails to which I need to respond and I have a lot more things to write about that happened before I got sick. So...while I'm taking care of business and writing new blog posts I'm going to leave you with one of my favorite catergories: "Where's My Red Pen?"





Who was stupid enough to order and PAY for a sign that said, "Re-Grand Opening" instead of "Grand Re-Opening"? This is currently hanging in the shopping center in Anaheim on Harbor Blvd. down the street from Disneyland. I love it when people from all over the world can witness the profound grammatical talents of we southern Californians.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

ugh...sorry you've been feelin crummy.....

are you near those big fires???

3:22 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Margaret Sally,

Thankfully, no, I am not near the fires. (at least not this time.) My mom has a sinus infection and while I didn't think they were contageous apparently they are. She was sick before I was and then she started feeling better and now she is sick all over again. Her house is all torn up due to an extensive re-model so she's been breathing dust for the last 3 weeks. I live at the beach with nothing but clean fresh air so I have no excuse!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Maybe it is a do over on their gala Grand Opening?

Sorry you have been sick - bleeech you are a better soul than I to brave the neti pot more than once. I'd rather snarf milk thank you very much - gets more laughs.

Feel better.

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home