Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Nort Report

I'm happy to announce that Nort is growing fat and sassy! Since her brush with death she has continued to have a little bit of a problem with her hind legs but it really doesn't slow her down at all. It's only when she takes her first couple of steps that you can even tell that anything is wrong. She's a little wobbly and if she isn't paying 100% attention to what she's doing then her rear end doesn't exactly coordinate with her front end and it kind of goes in the opposite direction. This has not stopped her from jumping on to the kitchen counter or on to the back of the couch. Her favorite place to play is inside the bath tub. It takes her a couple of jumps in order to get out of the tub but she's never been stuck in there


As you can tell by this picture she hasn't missed a meal since the day she was born. Her cleft lip hasn't caused her any problems at all. She can eat and meow with the best of then. She looks especially fat in this picture because she is actually sitting on top of a plastic Christmas bulb. I have spent countless dollars on actual cat toys for her and her brethren but they hold no interest for any of them. They spend weeks and weeks playing with the carton that once held 12 Diet Cokes and they all love to play with the plastic lid to the inside spout of a carton of Mocha Mix. I've learned my lesson and will henceforth do all of my cat toy shopping at the Christmas store and at the grocery store.

Of the 5 of my kitties Nort is the sweetest. She is the only one who will let me hold her and I'm sure that is because of how much we held her when she was sick. The instant I pick her up she starts to purr and blink her eyes but she is still a very busy teen aged cat and doesn't like to be held for long. She lives to bite my feet as they hang over the edge of the love seat or to attack my socks as I walk past her. She loves to eat Feline Greenies and can play with the cord to the front door blinds for hours. She plays hard and she sleeps hard. (She also snores.) She loves to be combed but she is certain that I'm trying to murder her when I try to clip her nails.

That's all for this issue of the Nort Report. Next time I will try to post a picture of Matilda.


Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah told me last night...all she wants for Christmas is a cell phone and Nort!
Tori

11:41 AM  
Blogger Jason, as himself said...

Cute! Almost makes me want a kitty.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

It is the female JimJim - they are stunningly similar. She is so cute. Bless her little heart.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nort is SO cute!! However, I am still in love with Lorenzo:)

4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home