Friday, December 15, 2006

Bek and her boys of the weekend. First picture is with Tom Delong of Angels & Airwaves. Second picture is with Michael Gotto of "Sanctified". Third picture is with Daryl Gotto, also of "Sanctified".

On Saturday Bek and I went to The Universal Hilton and checked in. Our room was very nice and we had a lovely view of the roof of the floors below us. After we got un-packed we took the hotel shuttle across the way to Universal Studios City Walk. We walked around and shopped. We stopped in a chocolate store and had chocolate fudge with cayenne pepper in it and it was muy bueno. We found the stage where "Sanctified" was going to be playing and we staked out a place where we would have something to lean against. After much waiting the band finally showed up and did a sound check. Rebek was pretty much instantly in love. I'm not sure who she liked the best...Daryl, Michael or Nation. They are all 3 talented, good looking guys. The sound check went really well but pretty much as soon as they were finished the skies opened up. Bek and I searched for dryer ground and we wound up sitting with Michael and Daryl's dad and grandma. I was very shocked to find out that Mr. Gotto actually remembered me and welcomed us to squeeze in under the heaters with his family.

"Sanctified" put on a wonderful show. They sing, they rock, they jam. When the show was over one of the band members, Gabe, brought his girl friend up on stage and then proceeded to get down on bended knee and propose to her. It was so sweet.

After the show was over we took the hotel shuttle from Universal City Walk back to the Sheraton. It had rained a little bit but had since stopped. I was the first one to get off of the bus and little did I know that that's when my flight was cleared for take off. Oddly enough I was holding on to the hand rail, which is very, very rare for me being the germ-o-phobe that I am. I took about a half of a step and my feet just flew out from underneath me. I dangled in mid air for about 5 minutes before my butt hit the stair steps and then I bounced down each and every one of them on my spine. I hit my head on the last step and my first thought at that moment was, "MY HAIR IS IN THIS ICKY WATER THAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN STEPPING IN!" I never let go of the hand rail until my body hit the road so I landed with my arms above my head and my jacket, shirt and sweater up around my neck. Now THAT is a good look. My flying Walenda routine took place in slow motion and I have relived it in my mind over and over since it happened. Even when it was happening I was so embarrassed I could hardly stand it. I know that I was never going to see any of those people again but I feel like I made such a spectacle of myself. Of course it only took 1 second after landing on the wet ground for me to jump up and insist that I was ok, I meant to do that, leave me alone I'm going to my room There was a lady who got off of the shuttle when we did and she strongly encouraged me to make an accident report. At first I didn't want to because I was not yet in any pain and I just wanted to get the hell out of Dodge. While waiting for the elevator I had Rebek look at my back and assess my wounds. I was so cold and so full of adrenaline that I couldn't even tell if I was bleeding or not. My spine was scraped but fortunately there was no blood. After thinking for another minute I realized that I could very well wake up paralyzed the next morning and I'd have no way of proving that I had sustained my injury during my stay at the Sheraton so I relented and went to fill out an accident report. This turned out to be a total joke and pretty much just made me mad. Can you believe a corporation as large as the Sheraton Hotel does NOT have an accident report form? A person from the securityoffice came down from his lofty tower with a clip board and a blank sheet of paper. By his demeanor and actions I would easily say he'd never taken an accident report before in his entire life. And judging by how long it took him to find me he must have been reading a tutorial before he came down stairs. The first thing he asked me was, "Do you have a picture ID?" He didn't ask me what happened or if I was in pain or what I thought of the war in Iraq. No sympathy or apology was offered. I gave him my drivers license and he wrote down all of my information and then asked me if this was my current address. THEN he asked me what happened. I had to repeat myself several times and this was not a difficult story. "I was getting off ofthe Sheraton shuttle bus, the steps were wet and I slipped and slid down the steps on my spine until I hit the ground. I hit my head and I scraped my back." That's when he finally asked if I needed to see a doctor and I said that I didn't think so. Then this yayhoo asked me why I was requesting an accident report???? I told him that if I woke up paralyzed the next morning I wanted something in writing showing how it happened. He said,"ok" and that was that. He walked away and we walked away, then I saw him at the elevator and he said, "When did this happened?" I thought that was a foolish question, when did he think it happened? Last May? I told him that it happened just a couple of minutes ago and he said, "No, you were talking to me a few minutes ago." I wanted to tell him that at point of impact I didn't bother to look at my watch, but instead I told him that it happened roughly 10 minutes ago. That was the end of our conversation.

During this whole situation he displayed not one bit of sympathy or compassionor true concern for me or the safety of others. He wasn't even matter of fact, he was completely disinterested in the whole situation. I think I will sue them because now that I have a huge bruise on my fanny my bikini modeling career is ruined. I don't think I will be going to the doctor. I'm stiff and I'm sore and hopefully this will be as bad as it gets. I think I pulled the muscles in my right bicep and chest area .n to, and never let go of the hand rail. Also for reasons I can't quit figure ankles hurt, too.

Takes a bow and then shows rather large bruise on right rear end and another on lower spine to the crowd. (The one on my butt hurt enough that it woke me up in the middle of the night Saturday night before I even knew it was there.) The whole event was very pretty and impressive and I'm sorry that you were not there to witness it in person.

Since it was raining and I had just tried to kill myself...we were pretty much going to stay in our room for the rest of the night. I had no problem entertaining myself with the television and my library book. Rebek on the other hand found much folly in creating a new hair do which she dubbed "Glass Head". She took a small drinking glass and put it on top of her head and then pinned her hair all up over the glass. She took pictures and in the pictures she simply looks like someone from a scary movie who's hair is standing up on end.

We got up Sunday morning and packed out bags. We checked out of our hotel room and took the killer shuttle back to City Walk. We had a nutritious breakfast of Cinnabons and coffee. We had a few hours to kill so we went to the movies and saw "The Nightmare Before Christmas" in 3-D. I do so love Jack Skellington.

After the movie we made our way back to the VIP entrance of the concert. It was pretty cool walking past all of the other poor suckers who had to stand in line. Once we went through the gate we saw a patio that was all decorated for Christmas. There was a huge food tent and then a long hallway with pictures of all of the bands that were scheduled to play. The pictures were all made to look like family Christmas pictures. It was pretty funny.
We had to hang out and mingle. It was freezing cold and it was hard to stand still but Bek was certain that if Brandon Flowers from the Killers was anywhere around she was going to see him. We never got to see Brandon but she did get to see Tom Delong. He used to sing with Blink 182 but he's now with Angeles & Airwaves. She was so afraid to go up and ask to take a picture with him but I convinced her that THAT was what he was there for. She walked up to him and she was so giddy I could hardly understand what she was saying but he agreed to take a picture. He is very tall and Rebek is very he pretty much folded himself in half so that his face would be in the same area as hers....they stood there smiling'

Labels: ,


Anonymous Sally said...

And henceforth ye shall be called, "CRASH AND BURN FERN!" Hope you are feeling better by now.

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home