Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Still At TJ Maxx


Still at TJ Max....

Hannah and I had tried on several outfits but none of them fit. The clothes I picked for Hannah were all size 7 or 8 and they were all too big. The clothes I picked for me were all size 5 or 6 and they were all too big. I had one pair of capris in size 4 and they fit like leotards.

I took Paul out of the dressing room area and took his picture near the shoe display. There were a bunch of people from Germany hanging out near the shoes and I found myself wondering if they thought that all of us crazy Americans took pictures of clothes that we had no intention of buying? After I took the pictures of Paul I told him to go put on another outfit so we could see how handsome he looked. He informed me that he was finished trying on clothes and it was time to go back to the hotel. I tried to talk him into trying on at least one more outfit and he would have none of it. He was finished. The end. There will be no more changing of the clothes. As a matter of fact he wanted me to purchase the outfit he was wearing because he didn't want to be bothered with taking it off! I reminded him that he knew the rules of playing department store dress up...the number one rule being WE ARE NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING.

After telling Paul that we were absolutely not going to buy anything I found a sterling silver ring and purchased it. Dichotomy, thy name is Tami.

We drove around Encinitas and Leucadia and then went back to the Motel so Paul could go swimming. Once we got back to said Motel we were informed that they didn't have a pool. I thought Paul was going to jump over the counter and throttle the motel clerk. I told him that I was really sorry but I had been told that this motel had a pool and obviously I had been misinformed. (TORI!) I thought that we could go to the beach but then realized that the only towels we had were the teeny weeny white hotel style towels and that would never work. So we stayed inside for a couple of hours and then we went to go find something to eat. I asked the kids which restaurant was right next door to us, was it Carls Jr. or Burger King? They both agreed that it was Burger King and I thought, cool, I can get a veggie burger there. But when we got outside Burger King turned out to be Carls Jr. I told the kids that I didn't want anything from Carls Jr. I thought it would be fun to walk around and see what was available to us but then somehow Paul got it into his head that I had promised him that we'd eat dinner at Jack In The Box. I told him that I would never have said such a thing because I hate Jack in the Box. He got into a pouty snit and wouldn't walk with me and Hannah. We passed some no name Mexican drive through and we passed a KFC/Taco Bell. I remembered that there was a Subway down on Pacific Coast Highway right in the middle of a small yet very busy shopping center. We arrived there about 2 seconds after they locked their doors. We walked around the shops to see if there was any other place where we could eat. We found a sushi restaurant that grossed the kids out to the core of their very being, and we found the restaurant that has the huge dining patio with the live music. Paul was inspired to bust a move and was really mad when I said we had to find food. "You know how I like to dance don't you?", Paul said. (I have been his date at several school dances and you couldn't pay him to dance, so, yes, I know how he likes to dance.) In an effort to show me what a dancing kinda guy he was he proceeded to pretty much dance all the way back up to the Carls Jr/Green Burrito. I never knew he was such a funky guy!

We wound up eating dinner at Carls Jr. and then went back to the motel to play more Scattergories and watch more cartoons.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home