Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vacation log #1

Last night at about 11:00 I discovered that I don't have a single pair of Levi's that fit my ever expanding hind quarters. I haven't worn jeans for a couple of months because it's been so hot so it was a complete and total surprise when I tried on all 3 pairs of my Levi's and couldn't button any of them. It's been in the mid 70's and pouring rain in London the last couple of days so I should be a real hit in my shorts! I'm hoping that Tori will have a spare pair of jeans that I can borrow. It'd like to think that I could buy a new pair in Europe but my last couple of visits have shown me that I do not fit in European clothes and now that I've gained a ton of weight I'm sure it will be even more obvious.



After I got done throwing a fit over my lack of Levi's I discovered that a bottle of shampoo had exploded inside my carry-on bag that matches my suitcase. This carry on bag was designed to fit on the handle of my suitcase so it didn't flop around and it looked so nice...Now I'm going to have to use a beach bag that is bright yellow and I'm sure it will be flappin' in the breeze as I walk through the airport.



As I was packing and Rebekah was going through her suitcase trying to eliminate things that she might not need...we had a lot of help as shown in the picture below:


That's Elijah inside the suitcase and Lorenzo beside it. No matter how many times we made Elijah move he was right back in there .2 seconds later. When Rebekah finally picked him up and put him on the couch...Stella has already taken Elijah's place inside the suitcase. Then this morning they all had to take turns sitting on top of the suitcases. I always imagine that they are thinking that if they hold on tight enough then they can go with me!

Before we left this morning I put Ashleigh in a huge dog crate. I know for certain that if I hadn't done this I would never have seen her again. The girl who is taking care of the kitties would never have been able to get Ashleigh back in the house if she got outside when I was gone. I hope Ashleigh thinks she has her own private condo instead of feeling like she's in kitty prison.

On the way to work this morning I was talking to IMOM on the phone. My bluetooth isn't properly synced up to my phone so I had to hold the phone up to my ear. Well...guess who got pulled over by Newport Beach's finest and got a ticket? Yes. That would be me. I'm hoping that this the beginning, middle and end of my bad luck for the next 10 days. Pray for me?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Stella? Who, pray tell, is Stella? I missed that on my feline scorecard :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Ticket: That.Completely.Blows.

Eh, you've purged the bad luck with that!

Smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Have fun!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home