Friday, July 17, 2009

Surprise! Part 2

When last we spoke I was telling you about the splendor of our suite at the La Costa Resort and Spa. It was obvious that the kids were overwhelmed but we adults were trying to maintain our cool. I felt like such a total goofball for being almost speechless until Tori came up to me and said..."Why do I feel like Ellie Mae?" That cracked me up. (For anyone who is too young to understand that reference...Ellie Mae was the hick daughter on "The Beverly Hill Billy's" television show of the '60's.)

We got settled in for the evening and just kicked back and relaxed for a while. Then Tori, Hannah and I decided to go sit in the jacuzzi for a while. I am not a fan of any sort of community pool of water but especially not Jacuzzis. All I can think is that I'm sitting in someone else's used bath water. People tell me that it's ok because the chlorine will kill any germs that happen to be floating around but sadly I don't like the idea of sitting in chlorine any better than I do sitting in someone else's filth. However I wanted to be festive and I know how much Tori likes to sit in a jacuzzi so I put my bathing suit on and threw on one of the big terry cloth robes provided by the hotel and we walked down to the pool.

That is Hannah's hand. And those are purple bags under my eyes. Do you like what the water in the air does to my hair?

Tori and Hannah Bathing Beauties




There is just something about being in my bathing suit out in public at night that makes me feel like I'm walking around in my underwear. During the day time I don't have that feeling but as soon as the sun goes down..it's a different story. (Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me, again?)

Once we got to the jacuzzi I was happy to see that there was no one else there and we had the whole pool are to ourselves. Tori was the first one in. She loves to sit in hot, hot, hot water. I was just going to stand on the 3rd step and hope that the warm water would ease my aching feet. Well, imagine my chagrin when I stuck my toe in the water expecting the first step to be at least 6 inches under the water only to discover that it was actually only about 2 inches below the water. I plowed my toes right in to the first step and almost took a header right in to the water. I. Would. Have. Died. I didn't die but I did scream the "F-word" loud enough for just about anyone at the hotel to hear. When Tori saw me do this she said, "Oh, did you hit your toe? The water is really shallow on that first step..I did it, too." THANKS FOR THE WARNING SISTER O MINE!

We stayed in the jacuzzi for about 30 minutes and then I decided that I'd had enough so we went back to the room. I decided that this would be an excellent time to sit in my own jacuzzi in the master bathroom. The hotel provided sea salts to add to the bath and I thought that sounded so soothing that I just couldn't wait to ease my tired body down in to the warm water and just let the stress of the day wash away. I needed to rinse my bathing suit out so I didn't bother taking it off and it's a good thing I left it on because....


I have no idea why these pictures are so small. They are from Tori's camera and apparently they shrink when they are emailed. I will try to make them bigger but I don't have a lot of faith in my computer wizardry.

Jake proceeded to jump and hop and swim and splash and kick and play with all of the jacuzzi controls and make bubble beards and bubble wigs and have more fun than a barrel full of monkeys. After about 30 minutes of this I was exhausted and I got out of the "pool". Jake stayed in until his fingers were wrinkled. By the time he got out of the tub the bathroom looked as though a porpoise and an otter and a seal had been in there with him. There was water dripping from the cathedral ceiling and Jake had a smile from ear to ear.

In an effort to keep my tiara, Miss Mononucleosis 2009, I was the first one to go to bed. I bid everyone a good night and I sank in to the delux sheets and pillows on my bed. Just as I was drifting off I heard Jake walk in. "ARE YOU SLEEPING MOMO?" "WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING? IT'S VACATION." "CAN I SLEEP WITH YOU?" "I DON'T WANT TO SLEEP WITH YOU." "CAN WE WATCH TV?" "CAN WE LISTEN TO THE RADIO?" "CAN YOU GET ME SOMETHING TO DRINK?" "WHY ARE WE AT THE HOTEL?" "WHY ARE YOU TIRED?" "LET'S JUMP ON THE BED!" "CAN YOU TAKE ME TO THE POOL?"

This is pretty much standard fair whenever I spend the night with Jake. Usually I can just fall asleep and he will eventually get bored with me not answering him but apparently that jacuzzi bath envigorated him because he was on a roll. I finally had to tell him that I was really tired and he needed to go back out in to the living room and leave me alone. He didn't kick up a fuss but it was obvious that I had hurt his feelings. As he left he said, "I'll leave the light on for you so you don't get scared." And he turned on every light in the bedroom and the adjoining bathroom and the hall way.

It's nice to know that someone is looking out for me.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Amanda said...

In the last picture of Auntie and Hannah she's totally doing a Tami face.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

5 kids? Really?
Tori looks great.

I love the pic of you and Jake in the tub - adorable.

OK, so...surprise??? Don't leave us hanging ;) :)

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS KATHY.. YOUR COMMENT JUST SAVED ME FROM FLOGGING MY SISTER FOR POSTING BATHING SUIT PICTURES OF ME FOR THE WORLD TO SEE!

TORI

12:27 AM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Tori,

OH PUHLEEZE!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Eli's Lids said...

Amen about the bathing suit feeling like undies. I must say yours looks lingerie-esque with that corset top and strings on the side. I’m a one-piece mama now that I’ve had kiddos. I’m currently looking for one will a really low neckline because now that I’m pleasantly plump I want to show off my knockers :)
PS
Bet you didn't think I would find you!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

That's my sister in the brown bathing suit. My suit is bright pink..you can almost see it in the pic of me in the tub.

And, I'm glad you found me. I felt like such a goof at the bloggers ball that I didn't think anyone would want to find me! I was intimidated beyond belief and thus didn't speak much and when I did speak I stammered.

Thanks for looking for and for finding me. I hope we can be friends!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home