Friday, October 17, 2008

I was tagged!

I get so excited when someone reads my blog and even more excited when someone comments on it...but when someone goes to all the trouble to tag me for a meme and then actually write about me in an effort to introduce me to her readers...well....THAT JUST MAKES MY DAY!

This funny lady: http://bighairenvy.blogspot.com/ gave me a shout out and an invite to participate in the "7 Random/weird things about me" meme. Most people who know me would probably have a hard time narrowing it down to only 7 things but I'll see what I can do.

Here we go:

1. Don't be alarmed if you ever get something from Tanu or Tsmi. When I type too fast that is how my name turns out. I try to correct it if I see it but if I'm in such a big hurry that I can't spell my name right....there's a pretty good chance that I'm not going to see all of my mistakes.

2. I talk to Lorenzo all the time. He's deaf. He can't hear me. This doesn't stop me.

3. I used to eat pizza with a fork because I didn't like getting my hands dirty.

4. Apparently when I eat I take the food off of the fork with my teeth instead of my lips. I didn't know I did this until my nieces started to mock me and tease me about it.

5. I habitually check 5 or 6 books out of the library, only read 1 of them and then turn them all in after they are over due. If I had a credit card at the library the interest rate alone would bankrupt me.

6. I drink diet Coke. Not regular Coke. Not Pepsi. Not Diet Pepsi. There is no substitute for diet Coke and those other 3 drinks that I mentioned are weasel piss as far as I'm concerned.

7. I love it when people tell me that my daughter and I look just alike....simply because she isn't blood related to me at all. I raised her and she's mine but I didn't give birth to her.

Some of this might be old news...I can't remember what I've written before...so if this isn't new then I'll try harder next time.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tanu (!), your list is great! Thanks for playing along. These things may be old news to others, but they are all new to me:) I didn't know Lorenzo was deaf. That makes me love him even MORE! God put a special animal gene in me, and I love them all! I ate pizza with a fork last night. Is that odd??! Diet Coke is the only soft drink worth drinking. AND, I can't imagine how your heart must swell when someone says you and your daughter look alike! She was blessed to have a mom who loves her so much:) Hope your Saturday has been wonderful!

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its so exciting that more people are reading my sisters blog!
Keep it up!!!
Tior

11:06 AM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Apparently I missed a few of my quirks. My mom has sent me several notes stating things I missed...such as:

I can't stand to walk on saw dust or peanut shells. They squeek when you step on them and it just gives me the willies. Just writing about this is creeping me out.

And apparently I still eat pizza with a fork... and I eat soup with a fork.


Tori,
I see what you did there. You and I always enjoy a theme!
Tanu

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

So apparently, salad, bread and baked potato at North Woods are a delightful sin that you pass up? I would inhale peanut shell or even bathe in them to have that awesome salad and cheese toast...yUMMMM!

But do you cut your pasta?

And for the record, I like your quirks! It was a cute post!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! You win, Tanu! I'm not gifted enough to eat soup with a fork:) I'd have to pull out a bib...

Hi Tior(!) Thanks for playing along:) I can see that I will be calling you guys Tanu & Tior from now on....it just sort of rolls off the tongue!

6:06 AM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

In order to eat soup with a fork you have to make some adjustments; first you eat all of the veggies or noodles and then you add about 1,000 crackers to what's left. Then you can easily eat the broth with a fork and you won't need a bib. This is especially fun at restaurants. When ever I order soup I always order "LOTS of crackers" with it. The waitress will usually add one extra package of crackers to the plate that is holding the soup bowl. Then I have to say, "No, really, I want LOTS of crackers." Then they sigh and act like they are going to have to break in to their private cracker stash. This ordeal usually embarasses my mom because she doesn't think it's proper to put crackers in your soup at a restaurant. I always tell her that the next time I'm at the Ritz or having lunch with Emily Post I will not put crackers in my soup.

Kathy,
I go to the Northwoods Inn about 3 times a year. It takes everything in me to gear up to fire walk across the peanut shells that are strewn all over the floor. If I didn't love their cheese bread and salad combo so much I would never step foot in that place.

This quirk stops me from going to Philipes in Los Angeles and various and asundried other restaurants through out the southland.

Do I cut my pasta? Yes. I also break up my Top Ramen noodles before I open the bag. Amanda and I have had wars over this. I thought I was bad about this until a couple of weeks ago when Jake asked me to make him Top Ramen. I told him that I would cook it in a minute and in that minute he pulverized the noodles in the unopened bag. I'm surprized they didn't turn in to paste while I cooked them.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Loved your 7! I enjoy when people tell me that my step son looks like me.

Yeah, sure, I could have a 19 year old son!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home