Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Brush with greatness

Just after I came back from my fabulous vacation I went to the Huntington Beach street fair and I saw a very small sign that announced former Van Halen bass player/keyboard player Michael Anthony was going to be making a guest appearance at one of the shops on Main Street later on in the week.

I made a valiant effort to get to the shop as early as possible so that I wouldn't have to stand in a line to get to meet this rock and roll icon.

I'm sorry to announce that when I got there...he and I were the only ones in the store who didn't work there.

We talked a little bit about him playing with Sammy Hagar these days and then he had to excuse him self because his wife had called him on his blackberry. I'm kinda glad she called. I had run out of things to say.

He was as sweet and nice as he could possibly be. He even offered me a shot of Jack Daniels. Out of a dirty shot glass.

Contrary to the intoxicated look on my face in these pictures...I declined the Jack Daniels which now I regret. How many times am I going to get the opportunity to throw back shots with a rock star?




Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Kristy. I love him!! He is my favorite. Like him more that Eddie now! I always go to see Sammy, cause I know he will play. I met him in Glendora one time and I scarred him a bit...you know me...a bit overwhelming. But since then i have talked with him. He is super nice and such a gentleman. Thanks for sharing the pics.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Mark completely will be jealous.

I, on the other hand, have no idea who he is. :)

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Log Cabin Kid said...

How cool that would have been!! You could have sold that shot for a pretty penney to a celeb rag...LOL YHAS

4:59 AM  
Blogger Big Hair Envy said...

How sad that others weren't there to see him........their loss. Next time you will know to take a nice bottle of wine and two crystal wine goblets. Just because he's a rocker doesn't mean he doesn't have couth!!

LOVE the pictures :) Where's your Van Halen t-shirt?

7:44 AM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

I actually do have a Van Halen tee shirt but it's black....and I have 3 white cats at home...you do the math!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand completely. I never wear white because of a certain 90 pound black lab who was a lap dog in another life!

Have a wonderful weekend! Cheers!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home