Monday, June 18, 2007

How am I supposed to pick one favorite?

On Saturday my mom, sister and I went to the sidewalk chalk drawing festival in Pasadena. For anyone ever anticipating attending a chalk drawing festival that runs for two days...please take note: DO NOT ATTEND ON THE FIRST DAY. We got to see drawings being drawn on the sidewalk. Actually what we got see was many sweaty artists covered in chalk from head to toe. It took all I had in me not to offer each and every one of them a squirt from my Purell bottle and a paper towel.

We left Pasadena and went to the world famous tourist attraction in Rosemead known as "The Whole Foods Market". Well, it isn't actually a tourist attraction but my family can easily spend hours in there. We like to peruse the aisles and eat the many samples that are offered through out the store. Even the kids love to do this. Hours of fun and if we spend money we can justify it by saying we bought groceries.

We ate lunch at the market and then headed on down the road to the Lucky Baldwin Estates. This is a very exclusive neighborhood in Arcadia that backs up to the arboretum. When they built the arboretum they brought in peacocks. Peacocks don't honor the fencing that was built around the arboretum and thus they have infiltrated the Lucky Baldwin Estates. These beautiful creatures just roam around the yards and in the spring time you can see the guys trying their best to impress the lady folk as pictured below. (Not only do they spread their tails as shown, but they shake them, too.) We saw a few hens with their babies in tow but I didn't take any pictures of them. My sister and I agreed that if we lived in this neighborhood we'd be the ones setting peacock food out on our front porch in order to attract the peacocks. Then I lamented that I'd be the one trying to explain to the powers that be how my cats managed to kill so many peacocks. So with out any further adieu, may I present to you, the wonder and the splendor of peacocks in Arcadia....













Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home