Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The World According to Jake


This is Hannah and Jake on their very own water slide. It was more fun than a barrel full of monkeys, (for the entire week they had it.) Last weekend Jake told me that he wanted to show me "the punch". "The punch?", I asked, with my brow furrowed. "Yes, the PUNCH", Jake said to me like I was totally out to lunch. I thought he was going to take me to the refrigerator and show me some fruit juice so imagine my surprise when he took my hand and led me out the back door. We walked up to the deflated blob of yellow plastic and he said, "Look, there's the punch." He was pointing to a hole in the plastic. "I PUNCHED it!" "Jakey, how did you punch it so hard?, I enquired, trying not to laugh at his choice of words. "I PUNCHED it with the broom!" I have to give this guy many points for sticking to his enthusiastic convictions. He was not one bit sorry for punching the water slide with the broom handle. I thought perhaps he had fallen off of it and hurt himself and the water slide got what it deserved. Or maybe he was trying to smash a bug that was crawling up the side and he thought he was saving his siblings from sure death. I asked him why he needed to punch a hole in the water slide...and in a tone of voice that told me that I should have known the answer but he'd spell it out for me because I was so stupid...he said,"Because it was YELLOW!"


Thankyou, thankyouverymuch! ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!

mimimimiiii..."ABDDEFG HIKK ETTLE MENO P QRS ABC WXY and ZEE now I know my ABC's next time won't you sing with me!"
Jakey...make your "rock 'n roll face.."
Apparently he's got the Craft Macaroni & Cheese blues....

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made me laugh once again! I didn't know about the punch. Guess I'd better not get anything for Jakie that is yellow. I love your rendition of Jake singing the ABC's.....that's about as good as it gets!

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did Jake get this distain for the color yellow?....Could it be because I told him the bad boy lighter was yellow?...Sorry.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home