Monday, April 02, 2007

Do you all grow weary of reading about Ashleigh and Lorenzo? Well, too bad!



I searched and searched for this bakers rack. I specifically wanted one that was green and had a wooden top, one that I could afford and especially one that didn't look like it was made out of tin foil. I used to have many house plants and this bakers rack made the perfect display case for them. Unfortunately when I made my swift departure from my marital home I didn't have any place to put my plants so like a total fool I left them there. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a firm believer in cooties and once my plants became possessions of my ex-husband they were immediately full of cooties and the scurvy and thus I let him keep, (kill), them. When I moved in to my new cool beach house I set up my beautiful plant stand/bakers rack in the perfect corner. Sun from every direction... Even though I didn't yet have any plants, once I got some I knew they'd enjoy the sun and the misty beach air coming from both windows. I couldn't have an empty rack gracing my living room so I put a few of my things out for display. I put a couple of framed pictures on the big shelf, my dad's infamous fishing hats on the top shelf next to my favorite painting in the world...(done by an unknown impressionist named: Paul Pendell, circa late 1980's).

When Ashleigh and Lorenzo came along they decided that THEY needed to sit in the sun and enjoy the balmy sea breeze. As they got bigger they needed more and more room so they simply knocked everything off of the bakers rack until they could comfortably spread out. Everyday I would come home from work and all of my carefully placed treasures that I had put on the bakers rack would be on the floor. Smaller frames were found under the couch, Daddy's hats were in the bathroom. Larger picture frames were on the floor in pieces. It took me a couple of months to learn to stop putting these things back on the bakers rack as it had clearly been declared "Cat Property". Now the only thing that remains on the bakers rack is Ashleigh and Lorenzo and the statue of Jennifer Emily. And the only reason the statue is still up there is because it is quite heavy. I'm sure getting that statue off of the shelf is #1 on Ashleigh's list of "things to do".

Oh, and the picture from my favorite impressionist that you can barely see in the photo....it has since been relocated.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home