Thursday, March 08, 2007

Because the last Feast was so popular...

Tori and I blogged our fingers to the bone yesterday and then we alerted the media. Well, not the media but I alerted my two most ardent readers. And here we sit, although still in our respective zip codes, wondering where we went wrong. No comments. No criticism. No somersaults and hoopla. Well, to that I say, "Good Day!" (think "Fez" from "That 70's Show".) We will try it again and again until we get it right.


Tami's turn:

What is a word that your family uses that would not be considered normal?
The first word that comes to mind is "furge". I believe this to be a warped version of the word "forage", which means to "scavenge", "hunt" or "look for". This was a word that my mother's parents used so maybe it's common in the coal mining areas of Ohio. Another word our family uses that is not common is "snorky". We use this word to describe having a stuffy nose or being congested. We also use the word "skeevy" to describe things we don't like or to describe how something we don't like makes us feel. ie. "I looked down and saw a skeevy band aid stuck to my shoe." or "I was so skeeved when I saw the band aid stuck to my shoe." We have a lot of words that have become common in our collective households that sprang forth from the mouths of Tori's children. We will forever have "yaps", which are actually "laps". Someone who makes me mad will either be an "idiot foolish" or a "bongi". Those big white flowers that grow on trees will always be thought of as "magmoliums". Those colorful Saturday morning television programs are permanently labeled "watchcoons". When Andrew was little, or was it Paul...someone was harassing him and he wanted to say, "you make me irritated" and instead it came out, "you make my ear bob!" So when someone in our family is being harangued we will say..."YOU MAKE MY EAR BOB!" And lastly,I just thought of another word that we use for "irritated" in this family. I think it was Hannah who was trying to tattle on a sibling and said, "I'm ir-rat-a-tated!" We vary back and forth with our choice of "irritated" synonyms.


If you could invent something what would it be?
Transportation pneumatic tubes like they use on "The Jetson's". No more gas, no more pollution, no more car sickness...you just get in to your pod and it shoots you directly to where you need to go.

What is something you would like to do but you're afraid of the risk? Invitro fertilization, and have a baby. Due to my age and my cancer history this would not be good for me or a baby. There are no words to describe how badly this sucks.

Discuss what you looked like as a teenager. What did you look like? What did you think of your looks?

As a teenager I was short and very, very thin. I had long-ish, stringy blond hair and braces on my crooked teeth. I had freckles on my nose but other than that my skin was transparent. I had a tiny waist and from behind was all butt. If you looked really hard there were boobs but they didn't really stand out in a crowd. I remember thinking that I was too skinny and too short. And too fair skinned. I never, ever appreciated my size back then and now I would give anything to be that thin again. I never thought I was pretty or attractive. I barely thought I was ok looking. Apparently when self esteem was being passed out I was having a party behind the door. Now that I'm older I'm more comfortable with how I look. I still think I'm simply ok and I'm fine with that.

Tori's turn:

What is a word that your family uses that would not be considered common?

OK, This list will be endless.... Lets start with "foughtfie" ... its a common household item used to kill flying insects. Next..."wee aker." Gardeners use them to trim around trees and curbs. "I-die-yi"... when you get a good one of these a light bulb appears above your head. " idiot foolish", thats someone who doesn't know how to use a foughtfi or a wee aker! " The green place" a place to get instant food. Some red headed ugly kid on TV in the 70's called them borgesschmord.

" Tooth" ...the switchblade version of one of these can get you in some real trouble!

" Motecnretroll" ...men think they are always in control of these. Paul hides our in high places so Jake cant find it. They are used to change the channel of the television.

" Fluffus" Used in a sentence "Our fluffus is the mama to Tami's terrorists"

" Yard Sailing" this word has become common, but I am sure we invented it!
Now my mind has gone blank!


If you could put a tattoo on someone you know, who would it be, where would it be and what would it say?

First off, I really hate tattoos. I don't see the artistic value or beauty..I just never understood why anyone would ever do something so altering to them selves, but then the trend of body piercing and ear lobe holes came into fashion, so now maybe tattoos arent so bad??

Guess I would get a small tattoo on the back of Paul's hand that said " I don't HAVE to talk all the time" This should need no further explanation.


IF you could invent something what would it be?
A pill or shot that prevents all cancers..you get it when you are born, and live happily ever after.

What is something you would like to do but you're afraid of the risk?

Become a doula, or a midwifes assistant. I think that would be the most life affirming job ever! But one thing goes wrong and someones future is changed forever!

Discuss what you looked like as a teenager. What did you look like? What did you think of your looks?

I rarely dressed trendy, trendy was not comfortable. Trendy was also expensive. I would have liked to have been taller, maybe have less in the thigh area, thicker hair would have been nice, but I was pretty happy with my looks.
I think Hannah looks just like me and Hannah is a BABE!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, for me these were more interesting subjects and I really enjoyed reading both sets of answers! Hugs, YHAS

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home