Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Feast 3 with a twist!

Today's feast has a fun twist! I gave Tori the same 5 subjects to write about and I told her that I wouldn't publish my comments on the subjects until she sent me hers. So, if you are actually getting to read this it is because my sister has decided to join me.

Ready? *Seget? GO!

If you had the money to collect something really valuable, what would it be?
It would be fun to have a fine wine collection. It would be fun to have an original Degas or Monet in my house. A couple of vintage Porsche's..woot! Fun-o-rama! Can you imagine what it would be like to open a vault in your home and see the cabinets dripping with diamonds? Ooo la la... However.. as cool as all of these things are they can all be stolen or ruined or lost. One little house fire and your Monet's and Porsche's are ashes. One little cat burglar, (would that be a "kitten burglar"?), and your wine and diamonds are all gone. So after much thought I do believe that I would collect property. It's pretty hard to lose a piece of property, I don't think even the most experienced cat burglar could steal it, a fire will singe it or a flood will make it wet, but when all is said and done after the dust settles it will still be there. I think I would buy chunks of Oahu until I owned all of the north shore. Then I'll bet those Hawaiians would give me a library card! (Inside joke. When our family went to Hawaii for the summer I applied for a library card and was turned down flat. No discussion. Just no. Go away. My friend Beth was standing in line right behind me. She gave them her application with the very same information on it and they not only gave her a library card, they gave it to her with a smile. Beth looks Hawaiian. I look Swedish. You do the math.)

If you could be on any game show which one would it be?
This will shock and amaze everyone. NOT! I tried and tried to get to be on "Rock N' Roll Jeopardy". I don't think I could be the big winner these days but I'm sure I could still hold my own. I'm sure it would be my luck that the categories would be: "Unknown Facts about Jimi Hendrix", "What Key is this written in", "Do Wop hits of the 50's", "Who wrote this: Kurt Cobain or Eddie Vedder", "Deep House Dance music of the 90's", and lastly "Death Metal Favorites".
There was a time in my not so distant youth that I could tell you more than you'd ever want to know about the stories behind songs, where musicians were from, who played guitar in which band..etc. But these days...I'm lost. I know a few of the popular names and I know where one or two of the bands come from, but the days of knowing the name of every band member and where he buys his groceries is a distant memory. So if Rock N' Roll Jeopardy comes back on television let's hope they can break it down to Rock N' Roll Jeopardy For The Middle Aged Woman. And if I hit the daily double I promise to bet it all and make it a true daily double. And if I lose then I promise to do like the avatars on the computer version of the game and fall into a heap on my podium. When we get to "final Jeopardy" if I don't know the answer I promise to write "ease o moking or ge", because I know it will make my mother and sister laugh.

Name one chore you really don't mind doing.
Well, let's see...I HATE to do dishes. I HATE to clean the bathroom. I HATE to vacuum. I HATE to change the sheets on the bed. I HATE to cook. I HATE to clean the stove. I think that only leaves one thing. I guess I don't' mind flitting around the house with a feather duster. And yes, I flit.

How many times have you moved homes in your life?
My mom did everything she could to provide my sister and I with a stable environment. We had deep roots in our house. My parents bought our familial home in the late 50's and my mom still lives there. (Much to my chagrin, but that is another whole post!) I had friends and relatives who were always moving. Packing and unpacking...it didn't seem like such big deal to me. You always wound up with a new place to live and you always got to start fresh. Fun, right? UH, NO!! I moved out of my parents house when I was 18. As of that first move I have lived on the following streets and in the following cities:
1. Granada, El Monte
2. Doheny Drive, Beverly Hills
3.Ogden, Los Angeles
4.Adrienne, West Covina
5.Vista Montana, Yorba Linda
6.Terrace Lane, Yorba Linda
7.Tori's house, San Gabriel
8.My mother's house, La Puente
9.Elsberry, La Puente
10.Amar Road, West Covina
11.Rowland, Covina
12.Columbia, Hemet
13.Beachwood, Hemet
14.Some other street, Hemet
15.Hayland, La Puente
16.Sunflower, Covina
17.Badillo, Covina
17 1/2 Badillo, Covina (same building, moved down stairs.)
18.Barranca, Covina
19.Sunflower, Covina
20.Mulvane, La Puente
21.My mother's house, La Puente
22.Huntington Street, Huntington Beach

That is 22.5 moves in 28 years. I'd rather have a root canal than move again. Of all the places I've lived my favorite abode was the house on Adrianne. It was a 4 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, family room, nice size kitchen/dining room, back yard with a patio, nice view. That was the only time in my life that I was the noisy neighbor. We threw lots of parties and had many visits by WCPD. Good times. Great house.

How old were you when you had your very first kiss?
I remember that my first kiss was on the 4th of July, 1977 and it was given to me by Doug Bybee. I knew it was coming and since I didn't know "how to kiss" I tried everything to avoid it. Luckily it was just a peck on the lips so I didn't have to humiliate myself once it finally arrived. (Sad, yet semi humorous side note: after you read Tori's answer to this question...I dated Mark Pesl before she did and I never let him kiss me. Was I a bitch? Probably, but that isn't why I didn't kiss him. I didn't know how to kiss so I just never did. Problem solved. Boyfriend lost. Do ya think maybe that's why I never had more than one date with Ruben Provencio?)

End of my Feast. *"Seget" is what my nephew said when he was a baby when he was trying to say, "Ready? Set! Go!"

Now on to Tori's portion of the Feast:(I need to point out that we weren't even in the same zip code when we wrote these...)

If you had the money to collect something really valuable, what would it be?
Tropical summer homes that I could lend out to anyone who asked! I would start with One on each of the Hawaiian Islands, then venture out to Australia and Fiji. Certainly if I had the money it took to collect these homes, airfare would NOT be a problem. My conversations would go something like this... " Really Aunt Ardy, go ahead and stay in Canberra another week, I will just tell Debbie and Dan they can use the Haliewa hut this month!"

If you could be on a game show, which one would you want it to be?
"Deal or No Deal", there's no questions involved, only DEAL? Or NO DEAL? As soon as I was offered any where around $100,000 bucks, I would run like the wind! Aloha, we would all be cruising to Maui! I would allow everyone to go Venti!

Name one chore you don't mind doing. Vacuuming! It gives me instant satisfaction, it doesn't stink, and everyone can see what a nice job you did! Unlike doing the dishes. .. The soap drys out my hands and makes them crack. I hate to wear gloves because I drop things, and they usually break! And the dishes stink, and as soon as you are done, there is 5 more cups and spoons back in the sink, like no one ever did any dishes!

How many times have you moved in your life.
Lets see its all a blurrr.... think the first time I moved out it was when I moved in with Michael J in Pacoima, oops, I mean Panorama City. Then to Bayonne by Shoprite,( Best basement apartment in the history of basements! If only the windows weren't directly next to a brick wall!) Then to Adrienne(?), then back to Bayonne with the Orlandos. (rent free! had my own room big enough to stand up right and touch both walls at the same time!) Then home, moved to Glendale on Chevy Chase when I got married. Moved to different Chevy Chase address when Andrew was born.( two story apartment, with a new baby..what were we thinking?) Next moved to San Gabriel.(rented from an uncle, never rent from a relative...) From there to West Covina on Hollenbeck for 10 years. Then to dream home in Covina (Gated community, two story beauty with a semi spiral staircase... great schools. Close to mama and sister...) To castle in Riverside. Finally to dump in Riverside.That makes 12

How old were you when you had your very first kiss?
My first thought was a few hours old, I am sure my parents kissed me on 3/10/1960... but My guess is you are talking about from a boyfriend...so Lets go with 16 and Tom Abadie.... in Canada all from the teasing and prodding from the big mouth of Darla Davis. So that one didn't count. So I m going to say... 17 from Mark Pesl. Liked him a whole lot more then Tom Abadie and his kissing me was his idea, not Darlas!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting! However, Tami, why did you count "home" 3 times on your list? i do like hearing the comments from both of you without consultation to each other.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

I listed your house twice , 8 & 21 because I moved back in to your house twice. #8 was for a very short period of time and 21 was for a year. The other mention of a Hayland house was when we lived up the street from you.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex Trebec: Now for the final jeopardy question.....What were Elvis' final words?
Tami: Ease o moking o gee, Alec!
Alex Trebec: Sorry Tami, that was the correct answer, but you didnt state your answer in the form of a question!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was the subject matter, but that was one project that just didn't hold my attention well enough. Nice having both of you commenting on the subjects though. YHAS

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home