Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Good News

I get to bring Elijah home tonight! The doc wants him to keep his feeding pik line and I have to learn how to use it in case Elijah's appetite doesn't improve. He is eating as well as possible considering he is wearing a cone collar around his neck. That thing impedes eating and cleaning. I take it off of him the instant I get to his cage and he usually starts to groom himself immediately. Then he usually tries to eat a little bit. I don't think he likes the canned food they are feeding him and I can't say that I blame him. It is venison and jeez louise does it stink!

I'm going to set up a huge dog crate for Elijah and hope that will prevent him from jumping or climbing. If I know my cats...I will probably come home tomorrow and find him hanging from the ceiling of the crate by his toe nails. I'm hoping the crate will also help to re-introduce Elijah back in to the family. He's going to have a lot of different smells and he's going to be weak and I'm certain the other varmints in the house will be offended and try to give him a smack.

(Speaking of the other varmints....Lorenzo and Ashleigh decided that breakfast time was at 4:00 this morning. I have the scratch on my nose to prove it.) (Oh, and no! I did not feed them at 4:00. I got up and surveyed the perimeter, concluded that everyone was well and accounted for, confirmed that there was dry food and water available and then I went back to bed. Lorenzo followed me in to the bedroom, jumped on to the night stand and pushed the clock radio on to the floor.)

I have taken many nice pictures of Elijah that were specifically for this post however the card reader that I purchased just this afternoon doesn't work so these pictures of this other good looking guy are just going to have to do for now:





Yep! My Keanu won the celebrity Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend and my friend, Christi, was there to take pictures. Thanks for sharing the pictures, Christi!

(Man, do I wish he would shave that beard....)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee! Elijah's coming home.
Nose rubs from Me and My Cats!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Drama Queen Jenner said...

Yaaay! Welcome back home, Elijah!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy to hear Elijah is back home with his mommy!
My dog also decided she needed to get up at 4:00 this morning to go outside. Although I keep trying to tell her just because she can sleep all day and be lazy that is not the case for me! I NEED my sleep!
Becky

6:35 AM  
Blogger Jason, as himself said...

You and I both and Giancarlo wish that he would shave that beard. Giancarlo used to be his secret boyfriend. Not anymore. Not with that beard.

Anyway! I am so glad Elijah is back hom and getting better. Hopefully this whole ordeal can come to an end now!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Bring dat baby home!!

Woo-hoo!!

(and kisses to Keanu... yeah)

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home