Monday, April 06, 2009

Part 2 will be delayed....

This morning I was all set to write part 2 of "My Fascinating Health Story", but now it's going to have to wait until tomorrow because I have something to bitch about.

Back story:

I don't think I've said much about the fact that I crochet. I like to make blankets because they are simple to make. I don't read a pattern but I know how to make a square or a rectangle. I stopped doing any sort of work that involved yarn after I got Lorenzo and Ashleigh because they would just tear the yarn to shreds or drag it through their wet cat food. They also liked to sneak up beside me and swat at my hand as it moves the crochet hook.

Now that Lorenzo and Ashleigh are older they don't really fuss with the yarn. Lorenzo is too busy making sure his oldest son, Elijah, doesn't come out of the bathroom and Ashleigh is usually too busy gestating to worry about anything else. Matilda won't come out from sitting on the shelf directly in front of the tv long enough to deal with any yarn. Nort loves to play with yarn and she has mastered the art of dragging the yarn through the kitchen and through their food and water. And just so you don't think I'm party to this....she gets the yarn out of the project bag. I don't leave it out. I guess I'm going to need to get a project bag that actually seals closed.

Anyway...apparently the only thing more fun than ruining my yarn when I'm not looking is to swipe my crochet hooks. I have had crochet hooks for years. Years and years. And years. There is never really any need to replace them. I like the size I have. They don't break and I don't lose them. And now in the last month I've gone through 3 of them. While I have not seen Nort running around with my crochet hooks in her mouth I have to assume that she is the one who is taking them. I have looked under my furniture and in the couch cushions and they are no where to be seen. Vanished in to thin air.

So...a couple of days ago I went to Michael's to get a new crochet hook. While I was there I looked at the yarn. I found some beautiful yarn that was more expensive than what I usually get but I decided that I could wait to get it when my current project is finished. When I paid for my lone crochet hook the cashier gave me my receipt and also a coupon for 50% off of my next purchase. Cool beans! This would help to make me feel less guilty for buying hoity toity yarn.

A couple of days later I went back to Michaels and picked out my yarn. I only got one skein and as I was standing in line I added a pack of gum to my basket. I paid for my yarn and gum but I was very preoccupied with another event that is currently going on that will be blogged about later, so I didn't pay any attention to my receipt.

Here's where the bitch part of the story comes in:

It wasn't until today that I took out my receipt and looked at it. Imagine my chagrin when I discovered that the cashier took the 50% off of the price of my pack of gum! Did she really think that I saved that coupon and brought it back to the store and stood in line so that I could save .30 on a pack of gum? I realize that it is standard operation procedure to give the discount of the least expensive item purchased but could she maybe have told me that I was completely screwing myself out of the coupon by grabbing a last minute pack of gum??

I think I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to Michaels...or at the very least I'm going to pout about it for a couple of days.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say you chew up every piece of that incredible bargain of a pack of gum, deposit it in this weeks Michaels coupon, and give it back to them!
Tori

3:59 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Comments are not turned off.....

4:02 PM  
Blogger Busy Bee Suz said...

The story of my life....yikes!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jason, as himself said...

Ahhhhh, that BITES!!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Amanda said...

I like Aunties Idea

8:26 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

1. I love that you use Cool Beans
2. I have a theory that one has to take a dumb test to work at Michael's. (and a few other places but I wouldn't want to offend your readers...)
3. Do you remember Moskatel's? That's old school!
4. It is nice to see you back blogging!! Keep it up - it makes me laugh.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

seriously can't believe that! one of my least favorite things ever is getting a coupon for the store hobby lobby. they always say something about taking 20% off one regularly priced item or something like that. the problem is that nothing in the sore is the "regular price". everything is on sale. i have used that stupid coupon for gum just because i couldn't find anything else not on sale. made me never want to shop there again!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jan @ Struck by Serendipity said...

That's hilarous as long as it's not you. :) Hopefull you'll get a response from Michael's.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home