Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quoting Bugs Bunny.....

~BON VOYACHEE~


And boy am I glad to be leaving southern California. An earthquake that was first reported at 5.8, then went down to 5.6 and is now being down graded to 5.4 hit this morning as I was sitting at my desk. If I keep watching the websites it might be down graded to a slight draft that meekly traveled through the south land.

My office is inside of a California Craftsman style house in the City of Orange. We are about 15 miles south of the epicenter and I firmly believe that our wild ride this morning was very easily a 5.8. Ok, a 5.7. File drawers opened and things on my desk marched around precariously close to the edge. Nothing fell and nothing broke while I sat there dumbfounded by what was going on. My heart was beating in my head and all I could think was "Oh my poor sister." Tori is terrified of earth quakes. I don't like them at all but my reaction is a walk in the park compared to hers. My co-workers were at the back door yelling my name and telling me to get out of the house. When I finally gathered my wits I got up and walked out of the house like a drunken sailor. It's hard to walk on shaky ground. After I got outside I realized that I had evacuated without my cell phone...and then as an after thought realized that I had also evacuated without my Coach purse. I went back in to fetch my things and my co-workers told me to at least let the building stop shaking before I went back in. This whole scene lasted maybe 20 seconds but it felt like 2 hours.

So with all of that in mind I have to say, "I'm outtie! Kthnxbye."








Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason, as himself said...

So where did you go? I felt this quake, too, and it didn't bother me much except for that I was waiting for it to turn into the BIG ONE.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Are you bloody back yet? Can't wait to hear all of your escapades! (And IF the felines behaved whilst you were away :) :)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Jason,
I wrote a brief description of my trip in the next posting.

Kathy,
I didn't write about the felines because I was hoping for a better outcome. Apparently mere moments after I got in the town car to head for the airport...Ashleigh tore a hole in the screen of the main window in the living room. She, Lorenzo, Elijah and Willow were on the lamb for most of my trip. The babies were smart enough to stay inside. I'm so glad to find out that Nort didn't try to jump out the window because I'm sure the landing would have killed her, due to her sacral injury.
The morning of the day I came home Andrew managed to capture Lorenzo and Ashleigh. I've seen Elijah a couple of times but he's not in the mood to come in side the house just yet.
Yesterday morning as I was walking to my car Elijah was sitting out in front of the house so I left the door slightly ajar thinking that if I approaced him he'd dart in the house. Instead he darted in the opposite direction and Ashleigh excused herself from eating breakfast and opened the door and high tailed it to points unknown. Have you ever seen a colt run and kick it's heals in glee? That is what Ashleigh looked like. I tried to catch Elijah and Ashleigh and they pretty much made a monkey out of me. At 7:00 I decided that if they wanted to continue to spend another day out in the heat then fine...I'd let them. Since I'm not heartless I put a bowl of water on the front step and then went to work.
When I got home from work, the instant I opened the front door Ashleigh came flying like a bullet out of the darkness and went in to the house and layed down like she was trying to convince me she'd been there all day.
Elijah is still chasing butterflies and I haven't seen Willow once since I've been back.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami (and Tori) Looks and sounds like you gals know how to have a fun time. Been to London, but not Paris.... yet.

Glad to read and see some of your vacation.

Mr. Bullard

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home