Wednesday, January 09, 2008

If you're wondering why you didn't get a Christmas card from me

Last year Lorenzo and Ashleigh were 6 months old when Christmas rolled around. I took an adorable picture of them both laying in their little kitty bed. Lorenzo had his arm over Ashleigh and they couldn't have looked any cuter. I took the picture to Albertsons, (What? You don't get your pictures printed at the grocery store?), and I added the verbiage, "Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse", and it was the best Christmas card ever. I was very inspired to try my hand at kitty cat Christmas card making again this year and here are the results:

Elijah is usually very cooperative, but apparently it wasn't in his plans to be the Christmas card kitty.


Can't you just see the fury in his eyes? And speaking of his eyes, he looks very patriotic don't you think? Did you notice he's sticking his tongue out at me? I didn't tie the bow around his neck, I tied it around a collar. Here Elijah tries to get the bow off by getting his lower jaw caught under the collar. This is when I called it quits and tried to decorate the other cats and let them be the star of the Christmas card.



Here are Ashleigh and Lorenzo in their festive Christmas collars. I had a nice place all set up for them to sit or lay so that there would be a nice solid back ground for the picture. Did they want to sit on the special spot? No. Not even for 2 seconds. So I let them do whatever they wanted and figured that they would eventually land on the blanket I set up for them. HA! Apparently putting festive collars on cats causes them to roam aimlessly because this is the closest they came to sitting still. I think the stack of computer crap in the back ground adds volumes to the Christmas feel, don't you? I also like the fact that you can see the label on Ashleigh's collar and the plastic hangy uppy thingy is still on Lorenzo's collar. Lorenzo is sticking his tongue out at Ashleigh and thus immediately after this picture was taken Ashleigh gave Lorenzo the smack down. THWAP! Right on his head. A great chase ensued and thus ended any hope of getting those two on the Christmas card.

As luck would have it I had 3 more models that I thought would be very happy to appear on the Christmas card so I set up a special place for the 3 babies to sit. All they had to do was sit still on the blanket and look cute.
This kitty stayed on the blanket but apparently his mission was to complete the destruction of the Christmas bow that his big brother had started. Since he seemed too curious to just sit with the bow in front of him I thought that I could tie the bow loosely around his neck and take a quick picture and be done with it.
Obviously this wasn't a good plan, either. He fussed and bit and clawed at the bow until he was doing somersaults and flung himself off of the couch.


I was just about at the end of my rope. My final thought was to lay a kitty blanket on the floor and put the babies on it, get them to all look at me and snap a picture. No bow, no special collars. You can see how well this idea turned out:
Notice the only thing on the special kitty blanket is Elijah's tail.
Look! It's a Christmas brawl~

At least they are on the special kitty blanket!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Christmas brawl shots.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that was so funny!
Elijah was embracing his inner Fenny foo! Next year serve them a little turkey before the photo shoot and maybe the sleepy stuff will make them a little more co operative!
Tori

2:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

You are my people. We were successful once with the boys on a card and never more. It's equally as frustrating trying to get a two and a half year old to smile without having to resort to shameless bribery. Yesterday I told her I would give her a million dollars for a smile and she asked me if it would taste good...oh yeah it would...

10:43 AM  
Blogger Clothed Little Film Girl Sleeping said...

evr been to scranton? my mom is famous there for being the christmas-cat-card-sender. it's fun. she doesnt listen to van halen tho.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home