Tuesday, October 09, 2007

She picked ME! She picked ME!

Kristy from "She Just Walks Around With It" at: http://shewalks.blogspot.com/
tagged me to do the "8 Random Things" meme. Since "She Just Walks" was the very first blog I ever read I feel as though I've been touched by a celebrity. She and I have a few things in common such as being divorced, she knits - I crochet, we both have cats and we like to make people laugh. If you do nothing else today you must go to her site and read her entries. Read her archives...she is very funny. (I've stolen the phrase "breezy elegance" from her..)

When she tagged me she mentioned that Blogger apparently hates me. The reason for this is the fact that I simply am not able to post a comment on her blog. I've tried so many times to leave a comment and when it didn't work I thought that I had just skipped a step or input some info incorrectly but no matter what I do it will not work. So instead of leaving comments I email her directly. I am happy to say that she is always so kind as to reply to my emails. You rock Kristy! Thanks for making me feel special.

So, first things first. I was told that I had to post this before I started my list:

We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

So now, ladies and gentlemen...8 Random Things About Me:

1. I once got to pet a giraffe. I was at the Los Angeles zoo and they had the giraffes in a temporary pen and apparently it was not made for giraffes because there was one big ol' guy standing in the corner of the enclosure, in the moat. The enclosure was below floor level and the giraffes head just cleared the top of the enclosure. No one else seemed to notice that there was a giraffes head sticking up but I saw it immediately and I slowly walked over to it. He was trying to lick up a piece of trash. I knew he shouldn't be eating trash so I moved it out of his reach and then reached over and petted him. He felt just like a horse, short hair, soft, warm. He licked my arm with his looooong tongue and then I feared that any lotion I might have had on my skin would make him sick so I decided to leave him alone.

2. I have music from "The Animaniacs" cartoon characters on my iPod and if I'm by myself when I'm listening to it I sing along just as I would if I were listening to Jackson Browne.

3. My twin sister and I have had the same 4 front teeth capped and are missing the same first molar on the top.

4. My favorite pie is Key Lime. 99% of the time when I go to Marie Callendars and order it...they don't have any.

5. When I was in little kid I was playing in my back yard when all of a sudden with no warning a swarm of plain clothes policemen came jumping over our chain length fence carrying high powered rifles. My sister and I ran in to the house and tried to convince our parents that there were men with guns in our back yard. It turned out that they were closing in on someone who was visiting our neighbor who had just robbed a liquor store.

6. I want to start my own wedding photography business with my sister.

7. I have a new Krazor phone. It's red. I hate everything about it and should probably return it but I know I won't.

8. When I'm at home and I go in to the bathroom and shut the door I truly look forward to the puppet show of cat paws that usually follows. Now that I have 3 cats there are usually at least 3 paws and a tail waving under the door.

Now here's the really hard part. I don't have any personal friends who write a blog, (except for my niece Hannah at "Hazel Peepers"), and I'm very hesitant to tag 8 bloggers that I don't really know....so I will put out some tags and hope that none of my fellow bloggers will hold it against me. As a matter of fact if any of the people I tagged are ever in the greater Huntington Beach area...please contact me and we'll go out for a glass of insanely expensive Merlot. Except for Hannah. She can have Dr. Pepper!

All of these bloggers are very funny and brighten my day every time they post. I can't stress enough how much I want all of my readers, uh, reader, to check out these blogs,(And when you do check them out..leave a comment and tell them that TamiW sent you. That's right, no space between the I and the W.) I tried SOOO hard to post links but it wouldn't work....I'm beginning to re-think my illusion of mad computer blogging skills...)

1. Staci from "Very Pink" www.verypink.com

2. Margaret Sally from "Just Me" http://margaretsally.blogspot.com

3. Mindy Sterba from "Mama Drama" http://blogs.chron.com/mamadrama

4. Emily from "Not That You Asked" http://captainhambone.typepad.com

5. Y from "Joy Unexpected" www.joyunexpected.com

6. Hannah from "Hazel Peepers" http://hannahshazelpeepers.blogspot.com

7. Neil from "Citizen of the Month" www.citizenofthemonth.com

8. Sher from "Wiping the Crazy Off My Face"
http://ocd-chick.blogspot.com

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

woo hoo! I will work on it right now!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Done!!!!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Oh and I ALMOST touched a giraffe on Sunday....it was great! I did get to touch a baby zebra and a mamma zebra and several other animals. One was a ram. I wasn't sure of the others....

It was a drive-thru animal safari park so they were RIGHT there getting food from your car. Mark wouldn't touch the antelope. He's a wussy.

7:47 PM  
Blogger Hazel Peepers said...

Thanks for thingking of me auntie. This will be fun!


P.s I dont know any other blogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got it!

:)

6:56 AM  
Blogger MinaG said...

Hi, remember me, 3 readers to my blog? Well, I think you've outnumbered me! Love your 8 random things, especially about your memory from your youth, how the police came swarming your backyard! Crazy!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Hazel Peepers said...

wheres my dr. pepper?

8:39 PM  
Blogger Neil said...

I did this one last year. And I haven't done anything exciting, like pet a giraffe, since then. What do you hate about your phone?

5:31 PM  
Blogger Tami Wyatt said...

Neil:
My phone is very complicated to operate. The one that I had previous to this was very simple. It did what I wanted it to do and had very few buttons. This new one requires me to have to scroll 100's of options before I can make it do what I want. I specifically asked for a phone that I didn't have to remove from it's clip to answer...and the sales man said that I could leave this one in the clip...he was quite wrong. The phone goes in the clip backwards so you have to take it out even if you just want to look at the screen and see what time it is AND the screen on the front is so tiny that I can't read the time...PLUS it is always smeary. It needs a matt finish or something so that it doesn't always look messy.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Hazel Peepers said...

read my blog

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home