Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hot Date!

I had a wild night out last Saturday. My sister and I continued our, purely scientifical, quest to find the worlds best chocolate martini. We had sampled the goods at P.F. Changs on a previous occasion but we chose to revisit this establishment just to make sure that our previous test results still held true. (The fact that I had a gift card for this restaurant had nothing to do with our choice of restaurants as far as you know.) So we put on our white lab coats and put surgical bonnets over our shoes and off to P.F. Changs we went.

It was good thing we went back for a second test because this time we were served martini's made 2 different ways. The first bar maid made them with a variety of liqueurs and a splash of cream. They were very, very tasty. We cleansed our pallets with delightful Chinese fare (fair, faire, phare?) Tori had lettuce wraps and I had veggie dumplings. Mmmmm good. Just like mother used to make!

The 2nd round was made by a different bar tender. She lined the rim of the glass with lemon and then dipped the glass in sugar then she used a completely different array of alcohol than the first ones we had. This one had no cream and thus it was see through. As a rule I have always disliked the see through martinis I've been served but this one was pretty good. The lemon on the glass made for an interesting after taste.

While drinking the 2nd martini Tori and I had our usual "laugh till you cry" fits. We discussed family history and family futures and then her phone rang and it was time to go home. I offered my gift card for payment and watched as the bar maid tried several times to get the computer to read the card. She wound up having to take the card to the manager and he said he'd put it in manually. Ok. How embarrassed was I when they came back and told me that there was no money on my card? I'd won that card in a raffle from Health Net Insurance company many years ago when I was still at Charter Oak. The manager told me that there had never been any money put on the card. Ever. Thank you Health Net. I hope you are more conscientious with my health care.

We went home and watched TV for a little while. I fell asleep on the couch, (how UNUSUAL for me.) and I woke up freezing to death a couple of hours later. My lovely host didn't even give me a blanket before putting herself to bed. Take note if any of you ever spend the night at Tori's house...SECURE BLANKET PREVIOUS TO FALLING ASLEEP. When I woke up I decided to get in bed with Tori as she has a huge California King size bed WITH BLANKETS. As I walked to her bedroom I almost broke my neck when I almost tripped over her cat.

When I woke up the next morning I knew I wasn't alone. I could feel breathing on my face and I could hear snoring in my ear. "Jeez TORI...scoot over", I thought, but when I opened my eyes I saw this:

While he was a bit of a pillow hog at least this small blond doesn't meow relentlessly until I get up and feed him.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In an effort to defend my sleep over hostess abilities, let me just say that when I went to bed it was at least 90 degrees in my house! My not throwing a blanket on you was a smart decision, as surely you would have suffocated!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the heads up on the no blankets. We will be sleeping there next Friday and Saturday night. I will remember to pack mine and matts blankets all the way from Az
Does she provide pillows or is that fend for yourself too ?? *LOL*

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never had a chocolate martini. Seeing that we only live once, I now have a goal for this weekend.

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tami introduced me to chocolate martini's a while back and they are absolutely delicious! Calif. Pizza Kitchen and Romano's Macaroni Grill make the best! Sounds like we're all big time drinkers! HA! And don't feel bad about the blanket, Tami, sister did the same thing to me....

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home