Friday, August 25, 2006

My weekend plans

I have been promising my autistic nephew that I'd take him away for a weekend of fun before school starts. I made reservations at a ritzy place, (and don't think for a minute that it's actually a very affordable Motel 6, because it's not!) in Carlsbad, Ca. We are supposed to go to the beach and maybe to Lego Land or the zoo or Sea World. I wanted to take him to Hennessey's so he could try the Captain Crunch french toast with strawberries.

He woke up yesterday with an abscessed tooth. Now he's on antibiotics and vicodin. No matter that he is writhing in pain, he wants to go away for the weekend. Have you ever tried to reason with someone who is autistic? My sister and I always refer to this old adage when a situation like this comes up: "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig". Let's see what the weekend brings, shall we?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home